reminder: review of maintainer-tools patches is mandatory

Daniel Vetter daniel.vetter at ffwll.ch
Thu Jan 14 12:15:05 UTC 2021

On Thu, Jan 14, 2021 at 12:21 PM Daniel Stone <daniel at fooishbar.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Jan 2021 at 07:15, Jani Nikula <jani.nikula at intel.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, 13 Jan 2021, Daniel Vetter <daniel.vetter at ffwll.ch> wrote:
> > > Yeah with proper MR flow we'd have marge set up (to do the MR merging
> > > for us, it's a bot), which adds a Part-of: tag to each commit it
> > > pushes through an MR, so you can go back to the MR link and see all
> > > the discussion. There's an r-b: tag from me there. I think we should
> > > either set that up or disable MR since it's confusing.
> >
> > I think as a project maintainer-tools is now so detached and independent
> > from the kernel git flows that we can move to support merge requests
> > here if you like. All in, or support both patches and merge requests?

If we go MR I'd say MR-only, since that'll stop me from failing to run
make check, which I'm way too guilty of :-/

> Takes about 5 minutes to set Marge up and we can enforce it so only
> Marge can push as well. Let me know if you want that done.

Afaiui maintainers/owners can still force push and everything, and
Marge is just for developers? Does marge then check for whether you
have commit rights or not?
-Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter