GUI user admin tool

Stanislav Brabec sbrabec at suse.cz
Thu Jul 3 08:54:32 PDT 2008

James Westby wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> I'm after some suggestions.
>
> In Ubuntu we currently use gnome-system-tools to provide some gui admin
> tools. However, there are some bugs with it and it is not very active
> upstream.
>
> We are currently evaluating whether there are any alternatives that
> could be switched to. The only tool that is no obvious replacement
> for is the users admin tool. I'm interested in what other
> distributions use for this.

SuSE dropped gnome-system-tools long time ago. It was never fully
adopted for SuSE and its functionality is mostly a subset of YaST.

--
Best Regards / S pozdravem,

Stanislav Brabec
software developer
SUSE LINUX, s. r. o.                          e-mail: sbrabec at suse.cz
Lihovarská 1060/12           tel: +420 284 028 966, +49 911 740538747
190 00 Praha 9                                  fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic                                    http://www.suse.cz/