GUI user admin tool

Rodrigo Moya rodrigo at gnome-db.org
Mon Jul 7 07:37:18 PDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-07-03 at 17:54 +0200, Stanislav Brabec wrote:
> James Westby wrote:
> > Hello again,
> >
> > I'm after some suggestions.
> >
> > In Ubuntu we currently use gnome-system-tools to provide some gui admin
> > tools. However, there are some bugs with it and it is not very active
> > upstream.
> >
> > We are currently evaluating whether there are any alternatives that
> > could be switched to. The only tool that is no obvious replacement
> > for is the users admin tool. I'm interested in what other
> > distributions use for this.
>
> SuSE dropped gnome-system-tools long time ago. It was never fully
> adopted for SuSE and its functionality is mostly a subset of YaST.

now it is even GPL, so maybe it would be worth/easy to port it to other
distros? Of course, YaST provides config GUIs (KDE and GNOME separate
GUIs) for most system config tasks, but for distros without a complete
solution (ubuntu / debian), it might be worth looking at
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo at gnome-db.org>