GUI user admin tool

Joerg Jaspert joerg at ganneff.de
Mon Jul 7 10:34:33 PDT 2008

On 11439 March 1977, Rodrigo Moya wrote:

>> SuSE dropped gnome-system-tools long time ago. It was never fully
>> adopted for SuSE and its functionality is mostly a subset of YaST.
> now it is even GPL, so maybe it would be worth/easy to port it to other
> distros? Of course, YaST provides config GUIs (KDE and GNOME separate
> GUIs) for most system config tasks, but for distros without a complete
> solution (ubuntu / debian), it might be worth looking at

There have been people looking at it for Debian, AFAIK, and as I still
have not seen it in NEW - its at least not easy. And to be honest, from
what *I* know of the (luckily very few) SuSE systems I sometimes have to
look at - *I* dont think its worth losing time with it. :)

--
bye, Joerg
Some NM:
>  3. How do you manage new upstream releases?
yes i manage them.