Packaging Guidelines discussions

Donnie Berkholz dberkholz at gentoo.org
Wed Mar 26 10:17:08 PDT 2008

On 16:47 Wed 26 Mar     , James Westby wrote:
> I think IRC meetings would be a good next step.
>
> I had a look on freenode, and #distributions is taken,
> #distributions-devel is not, would that be unacceptable to anyone?

Freenode staff will hand over channels that are unused if there's a
project that wants to use them. Looking at this, it appears unused:

17:15 < dberkholz> info #distributions
17:15 -ChanServ(ChanServ at services.)-      Channel: #Distributions
17:15 -ChanServ(ChanServ at services.)-      Contact: Aristotles
17:15 -ChanServ(ChanServ at services.)-   Registered: 1 year 25 weeks 1 day (23h
          54m 25s) ago
17:15 -ChanServ(ChanServ at services.)-    Last Used: 1 year 25 weeks 1 day (23h
          54m 25s) ago
17:15 -ChanServ(ChanServ at services.)-    Mode Lock: -s+ntc

So if we want #distributions, we can probably have it.

> Shall we set a date for a first meeting? I'll propose a first date
> to get the ball rolling. How does two weeks from now sound? Weds
> 9th April, 20:00 UTC?

Should work.

Thanks,
Donnie