Packaging Guidelines discussions

James Westby jw+debian at jameswestby.net
Wed Mar 26 10:28:09 PDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-03-26 at 10:17 -0700, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
> On 16:47 Wed 26 Mar     , James Westby wrote:
> > I think IRC meetings would be a good next step.
> >
> > I had a look on freenode, and #distributions is taken,
> > #distributions-devel is not, would that be unacceptable to anyone?
>
> Freenode staff will hand over channels that are unused if there's a
> project that wants to use them. Looking at this, it appears unused:

> So if we want #distributions, we can probably have it.

I assumed they would, but the other consideration was that I thought
it may be an invitation to pointless arguments over distributions,
not from the participants, but from others. It could be policed, but
it may be unnecessary work.

I don't mind either way, does anyone have a strong preference either
way?

Thanks,

James