Patch Tagging Guidelines standardized in Debian as DEP3

Raphael Hertzog hertzog at debian.org
Fri Jun 19 02:18:14 PDT 2009

Hello,

I'd like to bring to your attention an ongoing discussion in Debian. I
drafted a Debian Enhancement Proposal (DEP) to formalize a set of
meta-information that should be embedded in patches that we apply to our
packages.

I drafted the proposal so that it's relatively vendor-agnostic and can
be reused by other distributions. Feel free to participate in the
discussion if you have ideas of improvements that would allow you to
also reuse the format.

Check out the discussion here:

And the current draft is here:
http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep3/

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog

Contribuez à Debian et gagnez un cahier de l'admin Debian Lenny :
http://www.ouaza.com/wp/2009/03/02/contribuer-a-debian-gagner-un-livre/