Patch Tagging Guidelines standardized in Debian as DEP3

Vincent Untz vuntz at gnome.org
Fri Jun 19 07:08:31 PDT 2009

Hi,

Le vendredi 19 juin 2009, à 11:18 +0200, Raphael Hertzog a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to bring to your attention an ongoing discussion in Debian. I
> drafted a Debian Enhancement Proposal (DEP) to formalize a set of
> meta-information that should be embedded in patches that we apply to our
> packages.
>
> I drafted the proposal so that it's relatively vendor-agnostic and can
> be reused by other distributions. Feel free to participate in the
> discussion if you have ideas of improvements that would allow you to
> also reuse the format.
>
> Check out the discussion here:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2009/06/msg00458.html
>
> And the current draft is here:
> http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep3/

I don't have much time to look at this right now, just want you to know
that we use http://en.opensuse.org/Packaging/Patches for openSUSE.

It's quite new, so it could probably still be changed to use something
more similar to other distrs if there are good ideas :-)

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.