Dependency discovery

Donnie Berkholz dberkholz at gentoo.org
Fri Apr 1 13:11:30 PDT 2011

Do any of you have useful software that scans source code to determine
its dependencies? We're considering a Google Summer of Code project that
would include this as one aspect of a semi-automated package generator,
but I'd hate to see us duplicating effort.

The basic idea I had in mind is a set of plugins, one per language, with
a sufficient understanding of that language's syntax to determine the
external files a given piece of code depends on. We'd then couple that
with a tool like distromatch to figure out which packages the files came
from.

--
Thanks,
Donnie