Results of the App Installer Meeting

Samuel Verschelde stormi at laposte.net
Thu Jan 27 08:05:20 PST 2011

Le jeudi 27 janvier 2011 17:00:59, Richard Hughes a écrit :
> On 27 January 2011 15:48, seth vidal <skvidal at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> > okay - but is that the info you want in the metadata or does it make
> > sense to have a single link to refer them to more information?
>
> Yes, this is why it might be better to punt this kinda of data to the
> OCS server and for it not to be in the metadata at all.

I would prefer to have this in some metadata file and query the OCS server for
more up to date description or new translations, for the following reasons :
- full text searching in descriptions (like apt-xapian-index does currently
for packages).
- having only the name and a one-liner when offline is not great :)

But I'm open to other solutions too, especially if they make contributing
translations easier.

Regards

Samuel