Results of the App Installer Meeting

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jan 27 08:14:17 PST 2011

On Thu, 2011-01-27 at 17:05 +0100, Samuel Verschelde wrote:

> I would prefer to have this in some metadata file and query the OCS server for
> more up to date description or new translations, for the following reasons :
> - full text searching in descriptions (like apt-xapian-index does currently
> for packages).

We do full text searching in descriptions in yum now - but we're just
using the sqlite searches.

> - having only the name and a one-liner when offline is not great :)

right but name+summary+eng-description+LANG-description when offline
seems like good coverage for searches.

> But I'm open to other solutions too, especially if they make contributing
> translations easier.

How well can the xapian indexes be appended to w/o remaking the whole
kit and kaboodle? I'm mostly wondering if the indexes and/or metadata
can be sensibly delta'd

-sv