Intel i915 freeze on latest git

Jesse Barnes jbarnes at virtuousgeek.org
Fri Feb 11 09:16:33 PST 2011

On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 08:28:37 +0100
Francesco Allertsen <fallertsen at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 03:25:33PM -0800, Jesse Barnes wrote:
> > Does this kernel have the problem patch included?  Or is it reverted?
>
> That was without the patch reverted, now I've reverted it and this is
> the output:
>
> ---
> HD boost: yes
> Boost freq: 3
> HW control enabled: no
> SW control enabled: yes
> Gated voltage change: no
> Starting frequency: P9
> Max P-state: P0
> Min P-state: P9
> RS1 VID: 0
> RS2 VID: 8
> Render standby enabled: yes
> Current RS state: RS2 (RC6)
> RSTDBYCTL: 0x474c3000
> ---
>
> It seems the same.

Interesting, so your RSTDBYCTL is the same and you're still in RC6.  So
something else in the cleanup patch is causing trouble.

Francesco, if you revert d5bb081b027b520f9e59b4fb8faea83a136ec15e do
both the hangs at X startup and suspend/resume go away?

Gui, same question for you.  And can you try this patch and dump
the contents of /sys/kernel/debug/dri/0/i915_drpc_info as well?  Your
settings are probably the same but I want to double check.

Thanks,