Intel i915 freeze on latest git

Grissiom chaos.proton at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 19:14:43 PST 2011

On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 1:16 AM, Jesse Barnes <jbarnes at virtuousgeek.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 08:28:37 +0100
> Francesco Allertsen <fallertsen at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 03:25:33PM -0800, Jesse Barnes wrote:
>> > Does this kernel have the problem patch included?  Or is it reverted?
>>
>> That was without the patch reverted, now I've reverted it and this is
>> the output:
>>
>> ---
>> HD boost: yes
>> Boost freq: 3
>> HW control enabled: no
>> SW control enabled: yes
>> Gated voltage change: no
>> Starting frequency: P9
>> Max P-state: P0
>> Min P-state: P9
>> RS1 VID: 0
>> RS2 VID: 8
>> Render standby enabled: yes
>> Current RS state: RS2 (RC6)
>> RSTDBYCTL: 0x474c3000
>> ---
>>
>> It seems the same.
>
> Interesting, so your RSTDBYCTL is the same and you're still in RC6.  So
> something else in the cleanup patch is causing trouble.
>
> Francesco, if you revert d5bb081b027b520f9e59b4fb8faea83a136ec15e do
> both the hangs at X startup and suspend/resume go away?
>
> Gui, same question for you.  And can you try this patch and dump
> the contents of /sys/kernel/debug/dri/0/i915_drpc_info as well?  Your
> settings are probably the same but I want to double check.

I'm new in this thread so I found the patch by myself. I hope it's the
right one:

http://www.spinics.net/lists/dri-devel/msg08028.html

But that patch doesn't apply to latest git, so I just added the seq_printf
call to the end of the swith of i915_drpc_info.

I finally found the way setup /sys/kernel/debug... My
/sys/kernel/debug/dri/0/i915_drpc_info is:

HD boost: no
Boost freq: 6
HW control enabled: no
SW control enabled: yes
Gated voltage change: no
Starting frequency: P5
Max P-state: P0
Min P-state: P7
RS1 VID: 0
RS2 VID: 8
Render standby enabled: yes
Current RS state: RS2 (RC6)
RSTDBYCTL: 0x474c3000

And there is a /sys/kernel/debug/dri/64/i915_drpc_info with the
same content. Whether X is running or not, the result is the same.

But even with d5bb081b027b52 reverted, the system could not resume
from suspend. I haven't checked it before so I've no idea about this.

Please keep me informed, thanks a lot ;-)

--
Cheers,
Grissiom