i915/kms regression after 2.6.38-rc8

Melchior FRANZ melchior.franz at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 14:09:24 PDT 2011

* Chris Wilson -- Wednesday 16 March 2011:
> There's only one patch directly related to i915, so you could begin there.

I'll try later. Was just too obvious for now.  :-}

> Useful information to include is a dmesg (particularly one with
> drm.debug=0xe kernel parameters) and lspci

OK, thanks for that info. Attached.

> (though google says you have a gm45).

I didn't look it up before, I just trusted the kernel with its "i915".
But you are probably right, this Acer TravelMate 5735Z-452G32Mnss is
supposed to have an "Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD".

m.