[RESEND] An inquiry about DRM Driver for Samsung SoC Exynos4.

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 03:17:16 PDT 2011

> We would look forward to your comments. thank you.

I think the only thing I can see wanting changing at this point is to
add padding to the
offset ioctl.

struct drm_samsung_gem_map_off {
        unsigned int handle;
        uint64_t offset;
};

just add an unsigned int pad; between the two members so the 64-bit
fields get natively aligned.

>> I still dislike the samsung_drm_ everywhere, just because no other
>> driver does this, but if it helps with backtraces in the future maybe
>> its okay.
>>

> Ok, get it. we would consider using 'exynos' instead of 'samsung' seriously
> if you don’t want 'samsung' prefix and then with your comments, the change
> would be done on PATCH v6.

Yeah I think it would be a good idea to just go with exynos, and then
I'll merge V6 into -next.

Dave.