i915 freakout with latest 3.7 git

Heinz Diehl htd at fritha.org
Tue Dec 4 04:35:22 PST 2012

On 04.12.2012, Daniel Vetter wrote:

> Yeah, if anyone can somewhat reliably reproduce this

Ok, I see. So the beginning would be to reliably reproduce the the
hang. I have encountered it in any possbile situasjon, both when
watching videos on Youtube and right after booting the machine and
doing absolutely nothing.

I'll try around a little bit and see if I can find something that
triggers this hang.

Btw: which kernel is known to be the "last good one"?

> (you need to disable rc6 on ilk to not hit another issue which seems much easier to
> hit)

Ilk? If this stands for "Ironlake": I'm on Sandybridge.

> and bisect it, this would be _very_ much appreciated - we've
> pretty much tested all possible "disable stuff" and "revert random
> patch" we could thing of, and we can't reproduce these hangs no matter
> how hard we bang our heads against this.

Bisecting will be a pain without being able to reproduce
the hang reliably.

> Atm we're trying to come up with ways to dump more debug
> information, >but with no clue whatsoever what's going on that's slow-going.

Is there anything at the moment I can do to help you to get a grip on
this problem? My machine is a Core i5-420M laptop with 4GB RAM (Asus
U45-JC).

Heinz