Fan control in nouveau driver with geforce 9600gt

Ozan Çağlayan ozancag at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 11:39:27 PST 2012

> Here you go :)
>
> I managed to reproduce the issue. Please test this patch!

Okay switching to automatic mode when pwm1 == 100 now gradually (in a
few seconds, it is not cut down to 35 suddenly) lowers it down to 35.
Switching to automatic mode while in manual mode doesn't make the pwm
increase until 100.

It seems okay I think.

(Another point,

Shouldn't we expect that the pwm is set to full power back again when
I disable thermal management? Currently when I echo 0 to pwm1_enable,
the fan power stays the same, e.g. 35 for example.)

You can add a <Tested-by> for me for a future reference.

Thanks!
Ozan Çağlayan