Fan control in nouveau driver with geforce 9600gt

Martin Peres martin.peres at free.fr
Wed Dec 19 16:27:24 PST 2012

On 19/12/2012 20:39, Ozan Çağlayan wrote:
>> Here you go :)
>>
>> I managed to reproduce the issue. Please test this patch!
> Okay switching to automatic mode when pwm1 == 100 now gradually (in a
> few seconds, it is not cut down to 35 suddenly) lowers it down to 35.
> Switching to automatic mode while in manual mode doesn't make the pwm
> increase until 100.
Yep, exactly what I meant to :)
> It seems okay I think.
>
> (Another point,
>
> Shouldn't we expect that the pwm is set to full power back again when
> I disable thermal management? Currently when I echo 0 to pwm1_enable,
> the fan power stays the same, e.g. 35 for example.)
So, we had some discussions within the nouveau community about
this and we decided that 0 would mean, no updates on the current status.

Anything against it?

> You can add a <Tested-by> for me for a future reference.
Sure, let me send a pull-request to the nouveau maintainer then :)

> Thanks!
> Ozan Çağlayan
Thanks for your testing and feedback!

Martin