DRI Support for Savage4

Elvis L. xXSoulwarriorXx at web.de
Mon Jan 30 06:24:30 PST 2012

Hello

first of all, please excuse my possibly bad english. Im German.

I wanted to install DRI-supported drivers for my Savage4 graphic-chip
(Acer Aspire 1310XC Laptop). I found some in
http://dri.freedesktop.org/snapshots/ and read, that I have to
"./install" the common package first, after that the savage package.
I've took the newest ones.
The common package was installed without any errors. But the
savage-package says, that it only be can installed with 2.4 oder 2.6
kernel. My System based on Fedora 16 (3.2.2.1). What do I have to do,
that i can use DRI on this laptop? It's horribly damn slow on
graphic-usage.

Thanks for any help!

Best Regards