-next trees

Adam Jackson ajax at redhat.com
Mon Sep 24 07:34:12 PDT 2012

On Sat, 2012-09-22 at 23:34 -0500, Ian Pilcher wrote:
> On 09/12/2012 08:44 PM, Dave Airlie wrote:
> > Ajax, I think Ian still has an open request on how to proceed with the
> > infoframes quirk nightmare.
>
> Indeed.

I'm sorry, I thought I was clearer.  Daniel posted a patch to fix the
Intel driver for this:

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/intel-gfx/2012-August/020046.html

Which I didn't entirely ack, but which is essentially right.  That's
what we should do; and having done so, if I understand things correctly,
there's no need for any quirks here at all.

Is there something I'm missing?

But also:

> > * Leave both flags, because both are accurate.  The display is confused
> >   by any InfoFrames (audio or AVI), and it is reporting non-existent
> >   audio capabilities.  The fact that the combination of the two flags
> >   makes the display work with Intel GPUs is a happy/sad/neutral
> >   accident, and the driver's behavior is still considered broken.

I haven't actually seen the EDID block for this display, I don't
believe, so I'm not sure whether the "non-existent" part of this is even
accurate, or whether we're just parsing things incorrectly.  There's a
reason I keep a standalone parser around.

- ajax