drm-openchrome status (or will it be in Kernel 3.10?)

Johannes Obermayr johannesobermayr at gmx.de
Mon Apr 29 14:27:37 PDT 2013

Am Dienstag, 30. April 2013, 06:06:22 schrieb Dave Airlie:
> On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 2:17 AM, Johannes Obermayr
> <johannesobermayr at gmx.de> wrote:
> > Hi James,
> >
> > Linus recently released Kernel 3.9, merge window for Kernel 3.10 has been opened, and the question is whether drm-openchrome will be part of the new Kernel version.
>
> Johannes,
>
> you misunderstand merge window. The merge window is for stuff to go
> from toplevel maintainers to Linus, not for new stuff to appear and be
> merged.

Dave,

I know you maintain also a merge window for drm stuff which starts at ~ rc6.

But I am unsure when it closes: When Linus opens his merge window or when you forward your main drm pull request to Linus.
First case means it is definitely too late for drm-openchrome in 3.10. Second case means there can be hope (depending on James' answer) ...

But regarding your answer I assume first case is right.

Johannes