drm-openchrome status (or will it be in Kernel 3.10?)

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 14:35:51 PDT 2013

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 7:27 AM, Johannes Obermayr
<johannesobermayr at gmx.de> wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 30. April 2013, 06:06:22 schrieb Dave Airlie:
>> On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 2:17 AM, Johannes Obermayr
>> <johannesobermayr at gmx.de> wrote:
>> > Hi James,
>> >
>> > Linus recently released Kernel 3.9, merge window for Kernel 3.10 has been opened, and the question is whether drm-openchrome will be part of the new Kernel version.
>>
>> Johannes,
>>
>> you misunderstand merge window. The merge window is for stuff to go
>> from toplevel maintainers to Linus, not for new stuff to appear and be
>> merged.
>
> Dave,
>
> I know you maintain also a merge window for drm stuff which starts at ~ rc6.
>
> But I am unsure when it closes: When Linus opens his merge window or when you forward your main drm pull request to Linus.
> First case means it is definitely too late for drm-openchrome in 3.10. Second case means there can be hope (depending on James' answer) ...
>
> But regarding your answer I assume first case is right.

Once Linus opens his window, I won't accept anything major that hasn't
been posted to the list for review before.

I generally have a lag time of hoovering up on the list stuff, but
something like this that has never been posted would have no hope.

Dave.