DPM on Radeon HD6570

Boszormenyi Zoltan zboszor at pr.hu
Wed Aug 21 07:31:33 PDT 2013

Hi,

I read this Phoronix article:
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=amd_hd6000_dpm&num=1

Congrats to the progress achieved so far.

However, I can see an interesting deviation for HD6570 from the
observed trend of other chips.

r600g can reach 80+ percent of the performance of Catalyst
for most HD6xxx chips except for 6570, where the performance
is around 10-20 percent.

Do you have a theory about this difference?
Maybe DPM doesn't work as intended on HD6570?

I have this kind of video card, so I wanted to test it myself.
The exact model of my card is:
http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?cid=1&gid=3&sgid=1087&pid=1176&psn=&lid=1&leg=0#

I have installed kernel 3.11-rc6 on Fedora 19 using this koji kernel:

I haven't tested Catalyst but my r600g results mostly match
the ones in the article even with a different CPU.

Best regards,
Zoltán Böszörményi