[pull] tilcdc-next for 3.9

Tomi Valkeinen tomba at iki.fi
Mon Feb 18 01:02:41 PST 2013

On 2013-02-18 01:02, Rob Clark wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> Here is pull request for tilcdc drm driver..  it also includes a
> handful of dependent patches from me, plus a couple fixes from Daniel
> Vetter which haven't showed up yet in drm-next.

Why is the TFP410 driver integrated into the tilcdc, but the TDA998x is
a generic driver?

I think the DT bindings do not match the DT guidelines. For example,
compatible = "tilcdc,slave" should be "ti,tilcdc,slave". And TI specific
properties should also be prepended with "ti,".

Who is going to maintain this now that you're no longer in TI? I presume
you may do some small stuff, but I think this driver needs quite a lot
of further development in the future.

But my main concern for this series is still that it creates custom
panel stuff, and adds DT bindings for them. Which means we need to
support those custom DT bindings in the future, even though it's quite
sure that CDF should be used also for this driver, changing the bindings.

 Tomi