clang: warning: argument unused during compilation: '-fno-builtin-memcmp'

Matt Turner mattst88 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 09:25:26 PST 2013

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 8:19 PM, Sedat Dilek <sedat.dilek at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am playing with llvm/clang v3.2 and mesa.
>
> It's annoying to see these hundreds of warnings...
>
>     clang: warning: argument unused during compilation: '-fno-builtin-memcmp'
>
> NOTE: '-fno-builtin-memcmp' is a gcc-specific compiler-flag.
>
> I have done here a brutal solution, maybe someone else has a more elegant one.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Regards,
> - Sedat -

> mesa3d-dev at lists.sourceforge.net

Please send to mesa-dev at lists.freedesktop.org and not the sourceforge list.

-fno-builtin-memcmp is added to CFLAGS inside a block that checks if
the compiler is gcc:

dnl Add flags for gcc and g++
if test "x$GCC" = xyes; then
    CFLAGS_FOR_BUILD="$CFLAGS_FOR_BUILD -fno-builtin-memcmp"
    CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -fno-builtin-memcmp"
fi