clang: warning: argument unused during compilation: '-fno-builtin-memcmp'

Sedat Dilek sedat.dilek at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 08:21:51 PST 2013

On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 5:19 AM, Sedat Dilek <sedat.dilek at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am playing with llvm/clang v3.2 and mesa.
>
> It's annoying to see these hundreds of warnings...
>
>     clang: warning: argument unused during compilation: '-fno-builtin-memcmp'
>
> NOTE: '-fno-builtin-memcmp' is a gcc-specific compiler-flag.
>
> I have done here a brutal solution, maybe someone else has a more elegant one.
>
> Thanks.

[ CCing LLVMLinux ]

OK, there exists smarter solutions like this...

### Export compiler settings (here: clang)
export CC=clang
export CXX=clang++
export CFLAGS="-Qunused-arguments"
export CXXFLAGS="$CFLAGS"

...but we do not live only in a GCC world :-).
I would like to see a fix in mesa (XORG) world.

- Sedat -