Old: i810 reclaim buffers deadlock

Paul Rogers paulgrogers at fastmail.fm
Sun Oct 13 20:50:45 CEST 2013

Ancient history, I know, apologies for that, but I can't see my way to a
solution and need help.

Arguments: i815, kernel 2.6.34.14, XOrg-7.2, driver
xf86-video-i810-1.6.5/1.7.4

I'm hitting the old buffer reclaim deadlock problem.  Is there a
compatible kernel patch for 2.6.34 or a version of the X driver that
will fix the error?  Is there a path to resolution that doesn't involve
wholesale changes?  The stuff I get from Google is quite confusing as to
it's application.

TIA
--
Paul Rogers