GeForce 6100 (NV4E) & nouveau regression in 3.12

Rafał Miłecki zajec5 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 03:09:24 PST 2014

> (b) bisect. you can (almost) definitely restrict the bisect to
> drivers/gpu/drm/nouveau. if you have additional computational power, i
> would recommend looking into distcc for speeding up the compiles. it
> may be interesting to also try 3.6.x since 3.7 received a pretty big
> rewrite. but a git bisect is a lot more direct in figuring these
> things out :)

I've already bisected commit that changed this pink line issue into a
general screen corruption. Just to remind it was:

commit c21eb21cb50d58e7cbdcb8b9e7ff68b85cfa5095
Author: Dave Airlie <airlied at redhat.com>
Date: Fri Sep 20 08:32:59 2013 +1000

    Revert "drm: mark context support as a legacy subsystem"

Would you like me to bisect commit that introduced this pink line issue?

--
Rafał