Frame buffer and plane difference

Anand Sinha anand.sinha85 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 21:49:50 PDT 2014

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the answer.so as per the definitions I understand the below
points.
a) frame buffer here signifies the scan out buffer which encompasses
complete display.
b)when I see the definition of plane in the doc book it says " planes are
associated with a frame buffer to crop a portion of the image source and
optionally scale it to destination size". I assume this is not the same
frame buffer as point a.
c)planes are overlayed or blended over the scanout buffer.

Regards,
Anand