OMAPDSS: omap5 SYNC_LOST error with DPI/LCD

Vikas Patil vikasmpatil at gmail.com
Fri May 16 03:07:14 PDT 2014

Hi Tomi,

Thanks. Currently I am trying to understand and create a driver for
TDF19988 for omapdss using the 3.8.13 (Latest OMAP5 GLDSK Kernel).

Yes, I agree omapdss has changed a lot from 3.4 to 3.8 to 3.12 to 3.15
linux kernels and following refrences which I was thinking to use for this
not helping much to create a one quickly. Though it should be possible to
write a new driver for 3.8 kernel or Do you know anything which will limit
creating a new driver for 3.8? What do you think I should take care while
creating a new driver for 3.8 or some point to keep in mind?

Other than this, are there any other references I can look at?
https://git.ti.com/wilink8-wlan/wilink8-wlan-ti-linux-kernel/trees/9223b3ce953c2af6af38ce57108f03f6c63ff91e/drivers/video/omap2/displays-new(based
on 3.12 linux)
https://github.com/torvalds/linux/blob/master/drivers/gpu/drm/i2c/tda998x_drv.c(based
on 3.15.-rc5 linux)