drm/exynos: add render node support

Inki Dae inki.dae at samsung.com
Mon Aug 31 17:34:52 PDT 2015

On 2015년 09월 01일 03:30, Emil Velikov wrote:
> On 31 August 2015 at 13:36, Inki Dae <inki.dae at samsung.com> wrote:
>> Hi Emil,
>>
>> On 2015년 08월 31일 20:58, Emil Velikov wrote:
>>> Hi all,

>>> I seem to recall Dave and others saying that we must have users of
>>> these interfaces prior to merging them into the kernel. Then again I
>>> cannot find any open-source userspace using the post-processor. Can
>>> anyone kingly share a link ?
>>
>> You can refer to the user-space below,
>> https://review.tizen.org/git/?p=platform/upstream/libdrm.git;a=commit;h=52de1c57e2e6f3b2a1259478d5ae260ed4c5706e
>>
> Nice one thanks !
> Did those patch(es) ever made it to the list ? Mind giving them a tiny
> bit of cleanup (move tests to exynos, drop duplication, C99
> initializers) and sending them over ?
>
> On a mildly related note:
> The tizen people like excessive rebasing :( Another alternative would
> be to send fixes upstream and keep their changes within ./packaging,
> which will allow clean merges.

I just shared the patch for you and someone who want to know the
user-space of the post processor. The patch should be more __really__
cleaned up and refactored. After that, we'd like to post it to mainline
in the near future. Currently, we are working on this in kernel and
user-space side.

>>> On the g2d front, can you guys take a look at the work Tobias has been
>>> doing ? He seems to be the only one that cares about it :'(
>>
>> I'd like to say really sorry about that to you and Tobias. Will review
>> it soon.
>>
> Great. Tobias sent a few more drm/exynos and libdrm (g2d utilities)
> patches that've been around for a while :(
>
> Perhaps he can re-spin then and/or send a list with outstanding ones ?

Ok, I will check it.

Thanks,
Inki Dae