-next trees and my time this cycle

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Fri Dec 11 09:36:44 PST 2015

On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 05:15:40PM +0100, Daniel Vetter wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 10:02:45AM +0000, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
> > On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 04:58:08PM +1000, Dave Airlie wrote:
> > > I've seen etnaviv, rockchip(?), vc4 gpu api, can I get plans for if
> > > people would like these in now, also anything I've missed on the list.
> >
> > I would definitely like to see etnaviv make it in for the next merge
> > window, but that depends on it being reviewed, and I haven't seen
> > anything from DRM people yet.
> >
> > I've queued up some of the TDA998x and Armada DRM changes (3 and 5
> > patches respectively) which I'll send you shortly if they haven't
> > already been merged via some other route.
>
> I did look at etnaviv on v1, if all the things I've raised there have been
> addressed (and it looks like, but no time for detailed checking):

I did keep a list of your points, and made sure that we'd addressed
them all.  We went a little further towards the end with your 'flags'
suggestion for several of the ioctls, which I think was a very good
point you raised.

> Acked-by: Daniel Vetter <daniel.vetter at ffwll.ch>

Thanks!

> For detailed review it would be best to just get some of the new big
> submissions to cross review I think. But personally I'd be ok with
> etnaviv going in as is, trusting that you've done plenty of review
> within your group.

We have had a certain amount of review within our group - Christian
reviewed many of my early patches, and I've reviewed Lucas' patches.
There could have been more review.

I was rather hoping for some review of the changes since your last
comments, especially with the locking changes.  I'm fairly confident
with the locking changes (which were particularly hairy) as I've been
running them for some time now with lockdep enabled.  The particularly
"hairy" bit was in etnaviv_gem_get_iova().

--
RMK's Patch system: http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/patches/
according to speedtest.net.