[Intel-gfx] [v3 0/7] Crystalcove (CRC) PMIC based panel and pwm control

Paul Gortmaker paul.gortmaker at windriver.com
Sun Jun 28 15:18:36 PDT 2015

[Re: [Intel-gfx] [v3 0/7] Crystalcove (CRC) PMIC based panel and pwm control] On 26/06/2015 (Fri 20:47) Ville Syrjälä wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 06:31:37PM +0200, Daniel Vetter wrote:
> > On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 02:32:03PM +0530, Shobhit Kumar wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > Next update of the series reviewed at
> > > https://lkml.org/lkml/2015/6/22/155
> > >
> > > Major changes are few review comments from Varka and Ville being addressed. Also except
> > > for intel-gfx patches, all patches reviesion history is moved out of commit message.
> > >
> > > Hope this series finally finds its mark.
> > >
> > > Regards
> > > Shobhit
> > >
> > > Shobhit Kumar (7):
> > >   gpiolib: Add support for removing registered consumer lookup table
> > >   mfd: intel_soc_pmic_core: Add lookup table for Panel Control as GPIO
> > >     signal
> > >   mfd: intel_soc_pmic_crc: Add PWM cell device for Crystalcove PMIC
> > >   mfd: intel_soc_pmic_core: ADD PWM lookup table for CRC PMIC based PWM
> > >   pwm: crc: Add Crystalcove (CRC) PWM driver
> > >   drm/i915: Use the CRC gpio for panel enable/disable
> > >   drm/i915: Backlight control using CRC PMIC based PWM driver
> >
> > I think we have r-b/acks on all the patches now. Ok if I pull this in
> > through drm-intel.git for 4.3? Or should I make a topic branch with tag
> > and then send out pull requests to everyone? Or will each maintainer merge
> > on their own since it's all only coupled at runtime anyway? Any of these
> > would suit me.
>
> I forgot to mention that I had a build failure due to
> builtin_platform_driver() when I tried this (just changed it to
> module_platform_driver() to get past it). So I'm not sure if this
> now depends on some tree which isn't included in -nightly...

builtin_platform_register does not yet exist in mainline; as Paul (the
other one) said earlier.  So you can either open-code what it does for
now, or use  module_platform_register.  If you do the latter, then
ensure you (temorarily) also include module.h or you risk additional
breakage in the future.

Paul.