[v3] libdrm: improvements to userspace exynos component

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 11:56:46 PDT 2015

On 11 March 2015 at 13:31, Inki Dae <inki.dae at samsung.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 2015년 02월 24일 23:20, Tobias Jakobi wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> here are some miscellaneous improvements (small features, bugfixes, spelling fixes, etc.) for the exynos component of libdrm. The general idea is to let userspace use the G2D engine functionality more
>> efficiently.
>>
>> If someone is interested in an application that actually makes use of this, the RetroArch frontend has a custom video backend:
>> https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/blob/master/gfx/drivers/exynos_gfx.c
>>

>> Please review and let me know what I can improve.
>>
>> v2:
>> - Mention value of G2D scaling normalization factor (02/15).
>> - Moved patch (04/15) description from commit message to source itself, like suggested by Joonyoung Shim.
>>
>> v3:
>> I integrated the suggestions by Emil Velikov and added two additional patches to the series. One doing the header cleanup that Emil point out, another one just a trivial whitespace thing. I'm resending
>> the whole series, since number of patches and order changed.

Wohoo Inki's back !

> Looks good to me except for 14/17 patch. For the patch, I commented
> already, which may be very trivial but should be fixed correctly. I
> think Emil could fix it before merging it.
>
> To Emil,
> Could you please fix the patch 14/17 like below?,
>
> before
> -       /* Global Alpha : Set by ALPHA_REG(0x618) */
> +       /* Global Color : Set by ALPHA_REG(0x618) */
>
> after
> -       /* Global Alpha : Set by ALPHA_REG(0x618) */
> +       /* Global Color and Alpha: Set by ALPHA_REG(0x618) */

If you don't mind I'll leave this to Tobias as a follow up patch, as
the one you've looked at is already in master.

> for all patches - 1 though 17, Signed-off-by : Inki Dae
> <inki.dae at samsung.com>

I believe you mean Reviewed-by, isn't that right ?

Tobias,
Can you please re-spin the remaining patches on top of master, and
address Inki's comment.
Also please add Inki's and Joonyoung Shim's tags.

Thanks
Emil