[GIT PULL] exynos-drm-next

Inki Dae inki.dae at samsung.com
Mon Nov 2 20:36:43 PST 2015

Hi Daniel,

2015년 10월 28일 21:37에 Inki Dae 이(가) 쓴 글:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> 2015년 10월 28일 20:52에 Daniel Stone 이(가) 쓴 글:
>> Hi Inki,
>>
>> On 28 October 2015 at 11:16, Inki Dae <inki.dae at samsung.com> wrote:
>>> 2015년 10월 28일 20:00에 Daniel Stone 이(가) 쓴 글:

>>> Yes, you could get TBM + Xorg/Wayland for Exynos hardware - ODROID-XU3 through below link,
>>>         https://review.tizen.org/git/
>>>
>>> And below is Linux 4.0 kernel for ODROID-XU3/XU4.
>>>         https://review.tizen.org/git/?p=platform/kernel/linux-exynos.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/tizen
>>
>> Thanks very much for the pointer. I managed to find the exynos Xorg
>> driver in use, but unfortunately the only tbm backend I could find is
>> labelled for exynos4412. Is this backend also usable on 5xxx/XU3, or
>> is that backend really only for Trats2, and the 5xxx backend is
>> private?
>
> Prefix name may be strange but below libtbm backend is used for Trats2 and Odoid-XU3/4.
> Actually, changing the backend name to 'exynos' instead of 'exynosxxxx' would be more reasonable.
> 	https://review.tizen.org/git/?p=platform/adaptation/samsung_exynos/libtbm-exynos4412.git;a=summary
>

>> Anyway, regardless of that, as far as I can tell, the Xorg driver uses
>> TBM to do buffer mapping, and the TBM backend uses DUMB_MAP rather
>> than the new call here. Is there something I'm missing?
>
> You are right. I found that the patch applied to the backend exists in local branch.
> I thought the patch exists already in tizen.org because we had already test.
> Anyway, the patch will be merged soon.

We have merged the exynos specific map interface to real user like below,
	https://review.tizen.org/git/?p=platform/adaptation/samsung_exynos/libtbm-exynos4412.git;a=commit;h=32c862bf69d602a13bac127f3e15bc8ea15e4315

So please, feel free to review. I'd be happy for your reivew. :)

Anyway, in Exynos case, we will use Tizen platform as a real user.
This means that all interfaces to be added or modified to -next will be verified on Tizen platform.

Thanks,
Inki Dae