[GIT PULL] exynos-drm-next

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Tue Nov 3 10:59:44 PST 2015

Hi Inki,

On 3 November 2015 at 04:36, Inki Dae <inki.dae at samsung.com> wrote:
> 2015년 10월 28일 21:37에 Inki Dae 이(가) 쓴 글:
>> 2015년 10월 28일 20:52에 Daniel Stone 이(가) 쓴 글:
>>> Anyway, regardless of that, as far as I can tell, the Xorg driver uses
>>> TBM to do buffer mapping, and the TBM backend uses DUMB_MAP rather
>>> than the new call here. Is there something I'm missing?
>>
>> You are right. I found that the patch applied to the backend exists in local branch.
>> I thought the patch exists already in tizen.org because we had already test.
>> Anyway, the patch will be merged soon.
>
> We have merged the exynos specific map interface to real user like below,
>         https://review.tizen.org/git/?p=platform/adaptation/samsung_exynos/libtbm-exynos4412.git;a=commit;h=32c862bf69d602a13bac127f3e15bc8ea15e4315
>
> So please, feel free to review. I'd be happy for your reivew. :)
>
> Anyway, in Exynos case, we will use Tizen platform as a real user.
> This means that all interfaces to be added or modified to -next will be verified on Tizen platform.

Thanks a lot for the patch. The note below still stands, but I have
now have no objection to merging the patch.

>>> (In any case, having separate-from-Tizen userspace graphics stack
>>> repositories would be very welcome, I think: there are a huge number
>>> of repositories for Tizen - something like six copies of libtbm alone
>>> - and it is unclear how to build them on a generic userspace / if they
>>> will actually build at all / if they will run on mainline kernels.
>>> Having a separate tree will make it very clear to people how to get
>>> things working on top of a mainline/staged-for-next kernel.)
>>
>> One libtbm is common library used by Tizen platform, which has Tizen standard API and
>> the interfaces of the libtbm will never changed. Others are all backend libraries.
>> In fact, Tizen supports various boards based on various SoC such as snapdragon, allwinner,
>> spreadtrum and Exynos. Among them, only Exynos will run on mainline kernels as of now.

Oh, sure - I just meant an easy way to get them to run on an existing
userspace, without having to build a completely different distro from
scratch; it seems quite involved to get the test system running.

Cheers,
Daniel