[git pull] drm fixes

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Fri Nov 27 11:05:14 PST 2015

On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 8:07 PM, Dave Airlie <airlied at linux.ie> wrote:

> core: Atomic fixes and Atomic helper fixes
> i915: Revert for the backlight regression along with a bunch of fixes.

So I have no idea if the GPU updates are my problem, but my main
desktop machine has been hanging silently a few times lately.

It has never done it while unattended, even if it's doing things like
compiling the kernel. So I'm a bit inclined to blame graphics.

Sadly, when it hangs, it's a total hang and doesn't leave anything in
the logs - I just have to reboot.

I'll try to see if I can get anything at all out of the machine, but I
thought I'd ask if there is some known issue with Haswell graphics in
the 4.4-rc code base?

Sorry for the complete lack of details, and really any hard reason to
even blame the GPU people.. You may be entirely blameless.

                   Linus