[git pull] drm fixes

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 11:36:54 PST 2015

On 28 November 2015 at 05:05, Linus Torvalds
> On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 8:07 PM, Dave Airlie <airlied at linux.ie> wrote:
>>
>> core: Atomic fixes and Atomic helper fixes
>> i915: Revert for the backlight regression along with a bunch of fixes.
>
> So I have no idea if the GPU updates are my problem, but my main
> desktop machine has been hanging silently a few times lately.
>
> It has never done it while unattended, even if it's doing things like
> compiling the kernel. So I'm a bit inclined to blame graphics.
>
> Sadly, when it hangs, it's a total hang and doesn't leave anything in
> the logs - I just have to reboot.
>
> I'll try to see if I can get anything at all out of the machine, but I
> thought I'd ask if there is some known issue with Haswell graphics in
> the 4.4-rc code base?
>
> Sorry for the complete lack of details, and really any hard reason to
> even blame the GPU people.. You may be entirely blameless.

I've been running this fixes pull on my haswell laptop since I sent it to you,

and I've been using it, F22 + gnome-shell.

 05:35:41 up 7 days, 18:31, 35 users,  load average: 0.26, 0.26, 0.23

So I'm not aware of anything at least with Haswell in general.

Dave.