[GIT PULL] exynos-drm-next

Inki Dae inki.dae at samsung.com
Wed Oct 28 05:37:54 PDT 2015

Hi Daniel,

2015년 10월 28일 20:52에 Daniel Stone 이(가) 쓴 글:
> Hi Inki,
>
> On 28 October 2015 at 11:16, Inki Dae <inki.dae at samsung.com> wrote:
>> 2015년 10월 28일 20:00에 Daniel Stone 이(가) 쓴 글:
>>>
>>> For clarity, what I meant by these parts was: is there somewhere we
>>> can take TBM + Xorg/Wayland for Exynos hardware? Even better if it's
>>> able to run on commercially-available parts such as 5422/5800
>>> (Chromebook 2, ODROID-XU3). As you know, it is quite
>>
>> Yes, you could get TBM + Xorg/Wayland for Exynos hardware - ODROID-XU3 through below link,
>>         https://review.tizen.org/git/
>>
>> And below is Linux 4.0 kernel for ODROID-XU3/XU4.
>>         https://review.tizen.org/git/?p=platform/kernel/linux-exynos.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/tizen
>
> Thanks very much for the pointer. I managed to find the exynos Xorg
> driver in use, but unfortunately the only tbm backend I could find is
> labelled for exynos4412. Is this backend also usable on 5xxx/XU3, or
> is that backend really only for Trats2, and the 5xxx backend is
> private?

Prefix name may be strange but below libtbm backend is used for Trats2 and Odoid-XU3/4.
Actually, changing the backend name to 'exynos' instead of 'exynosxxxx' would be more reasonable.
	https://review.tizen.org/git/?p=platform/adaptation/samsung_exynos/libtbm-exynos4412.git;a=summary

> Anyway, regardless of that, as far as I can tell, the Xorg driver uses
> TBM to do buffer mapping, and the TBM backend uses DUMB_MAP rather
> than the new call here. Is there something I'm missing?

You are right. I found that the patch applied to the backend exists in local branch.
I thought the patch exists already in tizen.org because we had already test.
Anyway, the patch will be merged soon.

> (In any case, having separate-from-Tizen userspace graphics stack
> repositories would be very welcome, I think: there are a huge number
> of repositories for Tizen - something like six copies of libtbm alone
> - and it is unclear how to build them on a generic userspace / if they
> will actually build at all / if they will run on mainline kernels.
> Having a separate tree will make it very clear to people how to get
> things working on top of a mainline/staged-for-next kernel.)

One libtbm is common library used by Tizen platform, which has Tizen standard API and
the interfaces of the libtbm will never changed. Others are all backend libraries.
In fact, Tizen supports various boards based on various SoC such as snapdragon, allwinner,
spreadtrum and Exynos. Among them, only Exynos will run on mainline kernels as of now.

Thanks,
Inki Dae