[GIT PULL] exynos-drm-next

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Wed Oct 28 04:52:37 PDT 2015

Hi Inki,

On 28 October 2015 at 11:16, Inki Dae <inki.dae at samsung.com> wrote:
> 2015년 10월 28일 20:00에 Daniel Stone 이(가) 쓴 글:
>> On 28 October 2015 at 10:58, Daniel Stone <daniel at fooishbar.org> wrote:
>>> Is there any open user we can review?
>>
>> For clarity, what I meant by these parts was: is there somewhere we
>> can take TBM + Xorg/Wayland for Exynos hardware? Even better if it's
>> able to run on commercially-available parts such as 5422/5800
>> (Chromebook 2, ODROID-XU3). As you know, it is quite
>
> Yes, you could get TBM + Xorg/Wayland for Exynos hardware - ODROID-XU3 through below link,
>         https://review.tizen.org/git/
>
> And below is Linux 4.0 kernel for ODROID-XU3/XU4.
>         https://review.tizen.org/git/?p=platform/kernel/linux-exynos.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/tizen

Thanks very much for the pointer. I managed to find the exynos Xorg
driver in use, but unfortunately the only tbm backend I could find is
labelled for exynos4412. Is this backend also usable on 5xxx/XU3, or
is that backend really only for Trats2, and the 5xxx backend is
private?

Anyway, regardless of that, as far as I can tell, the Xorg driver uses
TBM to do buffer mapping, and the TBM backend uses DUMB_MAP rather
than the new call here. Is there something I'm missing?

(In any case, having separate-from-Tizen userspace graphics stack
repositories would be very welcome, I think: there are a huge number
of repositories for Tizen - something like six copies of libtbm alone
- and it is unclear how to build them on a generic userspace / if they
will actually build at all / if they will run on mainline kernels.
Having a separate tree will make it very clear to people how to get
things working on top of a mainline/staged-for-next kernel.)

Thanks very much for your help finding this!

Cheers,
Daniel