drm reference counter connectors and fix lifetimes

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Thu Apr 21 09:08:40 UTC 2016

On Fri, Apr 15, 2016 at 03:10:31PM +1000, Dave Airlie wrote:
> I've been trolled since I did MST that I really didn't do a good job
> on the connector lifetimes, so I finally felt guilty and had time to try
> and fix this up.
>
> This is a set of patches to handle connector lifetimes so that the connectors
> don't go away in the middle of us doing something. I've done some testing
> on this with kms_flip on my haswell laptop while undocking etc.
>
> Daniel has been pestering me to finish it off, so I've cleaned up the last
> few things in the mst patches at least for i915 and decided to send it out.

Ok, reviewed all the refcounting prep work. Just minor stuff, so I guess
you'll pull them into drm-next directly after polishing?

I have a bunch of pull requests I'll send out today, so could do a
drm-next day.

For the actual drm_connector refcounting I'd like to soak the prep patches
a bit first, and I also need to think a bit more about those ;-)

Cheers, Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation