i.MX6 imx-drm framebuffer rotation. Kernel 3.14.52.

Philipp Zabel p.zabel at pengutronix.de
Fri Apr 22 12:49:03 UTC 2016

Am Freitag, den 22.04.2016, 15:21 +0300 schrieb Ivan Nikolaenko:
> Hi, Phillip!
>
> Thank you for the fast responce.
> Ifollowed your adviceandrealized thatIincorrectlyformulatedthought. I
> need a 180 degree rotation, not the flip.
> I got the vertical flip (screen reflected by Y axis), butmy attempt to
> reflect it by X axis (xrandr --output DISP3\ BG --reflect x) failed
> (nothing happened).

That is because the IDMAC controller considers the VF bit when
calculating the line start addresses (so reflect Y works) but completely
ignores the HF bit. The IC has a line buffer that is sampled backwards
if the HF bit is set.

> Is there a way to do 180deg rotation somehow?

If your display is < 1024 pixels in both width and height, it should be
possible to get reflect x functionality by hooking up the IC -> DMFC
direct flow.

regards
Philipp