[git pull] drm fixes for rc4 or 5

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 23:21:35 UTC 2016

On 29 August 2016 at 07:35, Linus Torvalds
> On Sun, Aug 28, 2016 at 2:31 PM, Linus Torvalds
> <torvalds at linux-foundation.org> wrote:
>>
>> Anyway, the real problem was that this was in my spam-box. Which I've
>> learnt to check religiously, so I noticed almost immediately.
>
> Btw, on a totally unrelated issue: you make thes pull points tags
> (good), but they are just plain simple tags with no message and in
> particular no pgp signature.
>
> I guess freedesktop.org is fairly well managed, but still - would you
> mind using signed tags? It's not *that* much extra work: use "git tag
> -s". You can write the description into the tag message, or you can
> just make the message be something useless and continue to write the
> description in the email itself, but now it would have that nice
> cryptographic signature showing it's really you..

See when I failed to use capital letters, you knew it was definitely me,
no need for crypto.

The main reason I've avoided signed tags is I currently don't have my pgp key
sitting on the machine where I build and generate, because I'm lazy, and I
don't usually propogate my pgp key to other machines like my other laptops
when I have to do a pull request from the shower or wherever.

I'll try and integrate signed tags a bit better.

I think it's probably spam because of sending @linux.ie from a server that
isn't definitely a linux.ie email server, I'll probably just move to using gmail
for sending pull requests, though the UI kinda sucks for pasting in things.

Dave.