[RFC] Using DC in amdgpu for upcoming GPU

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 20:34:17 UTC 2016

On 10 December 2016 at 05:59, Daniel Vetter <daniel at ffwll.ch> wrote:
> I guess things went a bit sideways by me and Dave only talking about
> the midlayer, so let me first state that the DC stuff has massively
> improved through replacing all the backend services that reimplemented
> Linux helper libraries with their native equivalent. That's some
> serious work, and it shows that AMD is committed to doing the right
> thing.
>
> I absolutely didn't want to belittle all that effort by only raising
> what I see is the one holdover left.

I see myself and Daniel have kinda fallen into good-cop, bad-cop mode.

I agree with everything Daniel had said in here, and come next week I might
try and write something more constructive up, but believe me Daniel is totally
right! It's Saturday morning, I've got a weekend to deal with and I'm going to
try and avoid thinking too much about this.

I actually love bandwidth_calcs.c I'd like to merge it even before DAL, yes
it's ugly code, and it's horrible but it's a single piece of hw team magic, and
we can hide that. It's the sw abstraction magic that is my issue.

Dave.