[RFC] Using DC in amdgpu for upcoming GPU

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Fri Dec 9 20:38:47 UTC 2016

On Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 9:34 PM, Dave Airlie <airlied at gmail.com> wrote:
> I actually love bandwidth_calcs.c I'd like to merge it even before DAL, yes
> it's ugly code, and it's horrible but it's a single piece of hw team magic, and
> we can hide that. It's the sw abstraction magic that is my issue.

If anyone wants an example, look at the original vlv pll compuatation
code. A lot smaller but about 8 levels of indent, one function with no
structure, local variables i, j, k, l, m, o ... with no explanation,
but it was the Word of God (akak hw engineers) and that's why we
merged it. Later on we had to rewrite it because in the conversion
from the excel formula to C hw engineers forgot that u32 truncates
differently than the floating point excel uses ;-)
-Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation