[adv7511] Adding audio to transmitter driver

Jose Abreu Jose.Abreu at synopsys.com
Tue Feb 16 10:45:47 UTC 2016

Hi Laurent,

Thanks for your reply. The video stream must be inited to the transmittion of audio (the HDMI mode must be enabled) so it is not possible to transmit audio over HDMI without a video stream.

I will keep audio and video in a single driver and add a Kconfig option to the audio support.

As for the DT bindings I think they are already implemented in our kernel 4.5 tree for the ARC AXS platform (see https://github.com/foss-for-synopsys-dwc-arc-processors/linux/blob/abrodkin-pgu/arch/arc/boot/dts/axs10x_mb.dtsi#L150) but its not in the mainline. For audio support unsing ALSA simple-audio-card its just needed to add #sound-dai-cells = <0>.

Best regards,
Jose Miguel Abreu