amdgpu/radeonsi support for mobile FirePro?

Bridgman, John John.Bridgman at amd.com
Fri Jan 8 12:35:21 PST 2016

I'm pretty sure that the 5170M and 5130M are both based on the Cape Verde GPU, so they would use the radeon stack rather than the amdgpu stack. Note that "radeonsi" refers to the Mesa GL driver, which is used with both radeon and amdgpu - it's primarily the kernel driver that is different between the stacks.

You can run lspci -nn to get the PCI IDs for the parts (if you have access to HW). If not, I believe the DID for 5170M was 0x6820 but it can vary from one OEM to the next. Couldn't find a reference ID for the 5130M but 6821 might be it.

Support for the parts should be pretty solid although if the IDs aren't yet in the driver source then the drivers won't recognize them until that is changed.