Summer of Code Ideas

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Fri Mar 18 07:34:13 UTC 2016

Hi,

On 17-03-16 23:04, Pierre Moreau wrote:
> Hello Abheek,
>
> Sorry for the long delay.
>
> So, things have changed a bit since last year idea. You should now be able to
> start kernels on most generations, atomic operations are supported and image is
> in the work. Regarding the compiler, Hans de Goede started working on compiling
> LLVM IR to TGSI, which would make it possible to feed OpenCL kernels in a TGSI
> form to Nouveau, and I have been working on compiling SPIR-V to Nouveau's IR
> (NV50 IR).
>
> On the SPIR-V side, there are some things that shouldn't be too difficult and
> some which might take some time, but I have no idea what would fit a GSoC
> project (and I am not really planning to be a mentor).
>
> I don't know if Hans has any plans regarding GSoC.

I pretty sure I can define some gsoc tasks related to the llvm tgsi backend
if people are interested. One possible option would be the addition of
a 64bit memory model (this will also require some mesa changes).

Basically there is a long todo list, but llvm is NOT easy to get into,
so it maybe better to find some other task.

Regards,

Hans