[GIT PULL] omapdrm changes for 4.7

Tomi Valkeinen tomi.valkeinen at ti.com
Tue May 10 06:18:25 UTC 2016

Hi Emil,

On 09/05/16 23:24, Emil Velikov wrote:
> Hi Tomi,
>
> On 9 May 2016 at 10:18, Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen at ti.com> wrote:
>> Hi Dave,
>>
>> Sorry for being so late with this pull request. It contains mostly
>> small fixes to omapdrm, so I hope it can still make it.
>>
>>  Tomi
>>
>> The following changes since commit c3b46c73264b03000d1e18b22f5caf63332547c9:
>>
>>   Linux 4.6-rc4 (2016-04-17 19:13:32 -0700)
>>
>> are available in the git repository at:
>>
>>   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tomba/linux.git tags/omapdrm-4.7
>>
>> for you to fetch changes up to 193e0f3cbd0fe8a76fa115f0f52ffbc8892f46c8:
>>
>>   Revert "drm/omap: no need to select OMAP2_DSS" (2016-05-09 12:11:30 +0300)

>> omapdrm changes for v4.7
>>
>> * Add tilcdc and omapdrm maintainers to MAINTAINERS
>> * Add reset-gpio and vcc-regulator support to panel-dpi
>> * Small fixes to omapdrm

>> Jim Lodes (2):
>>       OMAPDSS: HDMI5: Fix AVI infoframe
>>       OMAPDSS: HDMI5: Change DDC timings
>>
>> Peter Ujfalusi (2):
>>       drm/omap: Remove deprecated regulator_can_change_voltage() usage
>>       Revert "drm/omap: no need to select OMAP2_DSS"
>>
>> Tomi Valkeinen (8):
>>       drm/omap: Fix missing includes
>>       drm/omap: remove unneeded gpio includes
>>       drm/omap: remove unnecessary pitch round-up
>>       drm/omap: remove align_pitch()
>>       drm/omap: fix pitch round-up
>>       drm/omap: fix OMAP4 hdmi_core_powerdown_disable()
>>       MAINTAINERS: Add maintainer for OMAP DRM driver
>>       MAINTAINERS: Add maintainer for TI LCDC DRM driver
>>
>> Uwe Kleine-König (3):
>>       devicetree/bindings: add reset-gpios and vcc-supply for panel-dpi
> I believe that this should be acked by Thierry.

That panel-dpi is omapdrm specific panel-dpi, but yes, Thierry should've
been included in the thread.

>>       drm/omap: panel-dpi: make (limited) use of a reset gpio
>>       drm/omap: panel-dpi: implement support for a vcc regulator
>>
> /me mutters something about moving to drm panel as opposed to the omap one.
>
> It is on the TODO list, right ? I hope it's somewhere in the upper half of it.

It's on the TODO list.

I took these panel-dpi patches as they were for an already existing
driver and looked trivial enough, but I haven't added new panel/encoder
drivers for a while. In fact, I've been holding out from upstreaming a
bunch of encoder/panel drivers from TI's kernel as they're omapdrm based.

Moving to DRM encoders and panels is a huge change, and probably
requires rewriting good part of omapdrm and omapdss drivers. And then
porting all the encoder and panel drivers to DRM.

So I'm not sure when I can start on that work, but even when I do, I
expect it to take a rather long time. But I know my life would be easier
after that change, so I very much like to make it happen.

 Tomi