Enable AMDGPU for CIK by default

Kai Wasserbäch kai at dev.carbon-project.org
Sun Nov 6 22:07:45 UTC 2016

Hey everybody,
Sandeep wrote on 06.11.2016 19:56:
> I was wondering when DRM_AMDGPU_CIK would be turned on by default in the
> upstream kernel (or is this upto individual distros?)
>
> Is there any work left to be done/bugs to be fixed before it can be enabled
> by default?

just some feedback on this: I've been using amdgpu since 4.7 (end of of 4.6 to
be precise) with my Hawaii Pro (R9 290) and haven't observed any issues because
of the change. The performance seems to be identical or within the margin of
error, when compared to radeon.

As far as I'm concerned a switch for CIK to amdgpu would be fine. ;-)

Cheers,
Kai